Minor banding in Cobalt color scheme tool bar

Howdy!

In 17.1.532.3067, the Cobalt theme has a thin white/bright color band around some objects, or at least one that my pre-caffeinated brain focuses on. Most notable for me is the main toolbar that is shown when there are no windows nor connections.

If I resize the Toad window smaller, then larger again, the part of the band that was obscured is...muted/endarkenated/themerized.

Not a show-stopper at all, but thought I'd mention it. I can supply screenshots if necessary.

Thanks!
Rich

Hi Rich,

Can you post a screen shot?

-John

Hey John,

First screenshot shows the band:

This one is after I've shrunken/embiggened the window:

Thanks!
Rich

Hm. For me, it's themed from the get go.

I may have deeper issues. Playing around with this (enabling/disabling/changing Themes), I noticed that my tooltip popups no longer include the keyboard shortcut.

Also, I'm able to see this on all of the themes I checked (getting punched in the eye wasn't fun though), but I do not see it without themes.

Thanks!
Rich

Not surprised that the outline is theme related. It took so long to get that looking and working fairly well. Now, we've just updated to the latest version of Delphi to build Toad, and also updated most of our 3rd party components at the same time, so I expect a few little things like this to creep in. I'll keep an eye out for it.

I had to remove the "enhanced" tooltip option in preparation for "the next big thing".

1 Like

I am finally able to reproduce this. It seems to happen only on scaled displays.

So if you set your scale to 100%, it won't happen.

Vive le 1920x1080!

Hi Rich.

This should be fixed for next (Feb 26) beta.

-John

1 Like

I was able to verify that once I set scaling to 100%, everything was peachy.

Vive le 2x 4K! (except at 125% for the 28" monitor, which gets a wee too small for these old eyes at 100% scaling)

Thanks, John!
Rich