TOAD 17 New Feature: Connection Color on Title Bar

I really like this feature since it makes the connection color much more obvious, and I remember discussing this before and saying it would be good to have. We are really needing this in our isolated enclave since we need to be able to distinguish production connections from others. I also remember John saying that it would be part of TOAD Themes.

Well, the whole theme thing is a bummer. It would be helpful if there was a theme that was TOAD's "normal" appearance, but there isn't. None of those I tried even comes close, and I am afraid that I won't be able to persuade folks to use themes because it makes TOAD look so different from what they are used to. None of us use themes, and since they "skin" TOAD so extensively, no one will want to use one just for this feature.

Bummer. But, I think I agreed previously that putting it inside themes was the way to go. Or maybe it was the ONLY way it could be done. I don't remember. It would just be nice to have a theme that was TOAD's "normal" appearance.

Cheers,
Russ

1 Like

It was the only way that I could do it.

The least themey theme is probably Steam. If the yellow highlights bother you then you might try Frost.

-John

What would be nice would be to be able to select "Enable Color Schemes" to get at that other check box but without actually choosing a color scheme. Is actually choosing a color scheme the way it has to work?

Cheers,
Russ

When themes are enabled, it gives us access to the tech that colors the title bar and border. I really tried to make it work without themes because it seems like such a dumb requirement from a user perspective, but it just wasn't possible.

Aqua Light Slate isn't bad.

Well, they are all "yucky". One of our team--I won't say it isn't me--is visually impaired, and each of the themes is problematic in some way. Any theme that is all gray is definitely out as well as any that are brightly colored. I think Turquoise Gray is the best of them if only because it highlights in blue instead of a different color gray. My request is for a "color scheme" that exactly matches TOAD's "normal" appearance.

Anyway, I am wondering about that new "Confirmation is required..." dialog. We are required to specify a login message per STIG, but now that TOAD is actually displaying that, couldn't we get a way to disable displaying it either globally or by connection?

Cheers,
Russ

1 Like