Move Toad Data Modeller version 5.2 to another machine

Hi
I have been using a fully licensed version of TDM 5.2 for a number of years now on a PC running Windows 7. When I recently upgraded my PC to Windows 10, TDM stopped working. This is a known issue that TDM 5.2 won't work on Windows 10 so I downloaded TDM 5.2 on another machine running Windows 7.

Does anyone know how I transfer the license from the old instance of TDM 5.2 to the new one? Are there any licence files I need to transfer over or maybe some Registry settings need to be editted?

Thanks for any help with this.

Mike

Hi,
all what you need is enter the license to new pc by Toad Data Modeler. So you need to know your license key and site message. If you don't know your license number please try to find on your old pc file ProductLicenses.xml. In Windows 7 should be located in
C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local{08439167-4CA5-48E9-A810-A3A7C0B80B06}
or
C:\Users\All Users{08439167-4CA5-48E9-A810-A3A7C0B80B06}
It can be in both location. In one of them should be your license.

Daril

Hi

thanks for the reply Daril. Unfortunately, I do not have that folder on my PC. I have C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local but nothing in there that looks like ProductLicenses.xml. When I open Toad 5.2 on my PC and click the "Help"=>"About" option it shows a partial license number with the first part replaced with asterisks so it must be held somewhere on the PC but don't know how to find it. Any other suggestions?

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike,
i forgot to last possible location of this file, it is in C:\ProgramData{08439167-4CA5-48E9-A810-A3A7C0B80B06}. Be aware it is the system hidden folder, so you need first select options to see this folder in a windows explorer

Regard
Daril

Excellent. Thank you Daril, I have found it now.