Not Able to Install Toad

Hi,

I am getting a Windows Installer pop up when I kick off the Toad_for_Data_Analysts_2.1.0.227.exe on a user machine.

1)Checked The Install guide to see if the user has all the prereqs and the user does have the Microsoft .NET FrameWork 2.0 Installed.

1. Reinstalled MSI installer. Tried downgrading the MSI installer to an earlier version 3.X

2. I am doing the install logging in like an Adminsitrator

The attached message pops up when I click on the exe file and when I click ok nothing happens and the setup does not continue.

Thanks
Sachin

Error.gif

I didn’t get this one

1. Reinstalled MSI installer. Tried downgrading the MSI installer to an earlier version 3.x

If you download the TDA msi installer, you should be able to install. What is earlier version 3.x?

Message was edited by: Kiki

This is caused by the msi arguments are not recognized by msiexec. Can you post your full path with args so we can have a look?

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

Attached are the ScreenShots.

Thanks
Saam
toad install error-Part3.bmp

Hi Debbie,

Thanks
Saam
Toad install error-Part2.bmp

Hi Debbie,

Thanks
Saam
Toad install error-Part1.bmp

Hi Debbie,

Thanks
Saam
toad install error-Part4.bmp

Sorry, I didn’t clarify what I needed. Are you using the *.exe installer or the *.msi installer? Below are samples of what the command line would look like using each. What I would like is your command line you use when getting this error.

Command line using exe installer

ToadforDataAnalysts_2.6.2.580.exe /S /Lx “C:\temp\installLog.txt” INSTALLDIR=“C:\TestInstall\Toad” USERNAME=“SOMEBODY” COMPANYNAME=“SOMECOM” ApplicationUsers=“AllUsers”

Commadn line using msi installer

msiexec /i “ToadforDataAnalysts_2.6.2.580.msi” INSTALLDIR=“C:\TestInstall\Toad for Data Analysts 2.6” /q USERNAME=“SOMEBODY” COMPANYNAME=“SOMECOM” ALLUSERS=1

If there is an error in this command line you will get the msiexec windows that you are getting.

Debbie

Toad_for_Data_Analysts_2.1.0.227.exe I am just kicking it off from and I see the dialog box to run or cancel when I hit run thats when the install breaks with the above message. I am not trying to do an install from the command line. The software itself is perfectly fine as I see the issue only on one particluar machine all the other machies no issues the OS Windows XP.

Thanks
Saam

Try copying the file to your local hard drive and then run on command line with the silent switch. This willl bypass a few things.

Toad_for_Data_Analysts_2.1.0.227.exe /S /Lx “C:\temp\installLog.txt”

This will also write a log if we actually start the install. So see if you get any installlog.txt

You are the man Debbie. This worked like a charm really appreciate your help

Thanks
Saam

Message was edited by: SAAM