Toad for Data Analysis 2.0.0.167 is now available on ToadWorld

Welcome back!

A new beta build is available at: http://www.toadworld.com/Downloads/ToadforDataAnalysis/tabid/186/Default.aspx .

A list of fixes and enhancements can be found in the release notes: http://www.toadsoft.com/tda/ToadforDataAnalysisRNv2.0Beta.htm .

Alan Bala

Quest Software, Inc.

Team Lead

949-754-8413

I have downloaded the Beta version as suggested below.

Unfortunately, when trying to install it, I receive an error messages as follows: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have appropriate permissions to access the item.’

I have verified that I have full access to the directory. My PC is a Microsoft Windows XP SP2 with .net 1.1, .net 2.0 build.

Idea on resolving this issue is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance and Happy new year 2008.

Regards,
Nicholas Tang

Hi all,
Errormessage.doc (33 KB)

Hello Nicholas,
The first thing we would like to check is if you are installing as an Administrator user or a Power user.

From the Start menu, go to Control Panel, then User Accounts, select the username, click the Properties button, and go to the Group Membership tab. You should see a picture similar to the shown in the attached image.
Is the user installing Toad for Data Analysis a Standard User, a Restricted user, or is there a group listed in the Others: section, and if so what is that group?
usertype.png

Please run the installer with the silent and verbose logging options. The installer should be copied and run locally on your pc.

Here is a sample of the command line args. Change the name of setup.exe to the installer and adjust any of the other options. Send back the log file.

Debbie

Install command line options:
(ALL OPTIONS AND MACROS ARE CASE SENSITIVE, PLEASE USE UPPERCASE ALWAYS)

Options:
/S stands for slient mode, no UI
/L stands for log, you can use all the log options for msiexec which may be in lower case.

Macros (If not supplied, installer will use default values)
INSTALLDIR
USERNAME
COMPANYNAME
ApplicationUsers has 2 options “AllUsers” and “OnlyCurrentUser”

Please note that ngen UI won’t be supressed since it’s a standalone program.

Sample:

setup.exe /S /Lx “C:\temp\installLog.txt” INSTALLDIR=“C:\TestInstall\Toad” USERNAME=“SOMEBODY” COMPANYNAME=“SOMECOM” ApplicationUsers="AllUsers"

this command will
1.silently install toad to “C:\TestInstall\Toad”, if toad was already install, it will silently uninstall it and reinstall
2.write log to “C:\temp\installLog.txt”. (look up msi options for log. you can do a verbose log by using /Lv)
3.set macros to corresponding values

Jacques,

I have checked my permissions and it is exactly as per the screenshots.
What should I do next?

Thanks for helping.

Regards,
Nik

Thanks heaps Deddie,

I got it going.

Kind regards, Nik