Oracle client 19

Has anyone tested Toad for Oracle 13.1.1 with oracle client 19?

:raised_hand: I have tested the 19c 64-bit client quite a bit, have not encountered issues. We are officially supporting this client in our upcoming release of 13.2, but from what I've seen, it works just fine with 13.1.1

I have toad for oracle 13.0 DBA module and recently about a week now been upgraded from oracle 12.2c client to oracle 19c.

Whenever I run a sql in editor, after 1.36 min, the clock stops and appears in a hang mode. I tried cancelling it after few minutes, then 3 options appeared for which I chose the first one "reconnect" or something....but surprised to see that cancelled session still running in background.

Yes tested it 3 times opening a new connection.

Does this happen with every SQL that you run in the Editor? What about something simple like "Select * from dual"?

If it's some long running SQL, maybe you are getting timed out at 1:36? Toad doesn't have anything to do with that.

If Toad is hung, how do you cancel it?

If you suspect this is due to 19c client, can you go back to 12cR2 client?

It is happening to long running sql's, simple one have no Issue like select * from dual.

I don't think my session is Timed out after 1.36min. as I see it running in DB all the time, even after I cancel it.

When you run in Toad editor any sql, it pops-up execution time, correct? along with option to cancel the sql in the same.
Here after 1.36 min, the "execution time" stays at 1.36 like it is struck . After waiting for 10 min,Then I clicked on cancel, then I chose the first one "reconnect" which gave me the Toad back and I reinitiated the same sql again.

Now, Im seeing 2 sessions, one which I killed and the second which I re-initiated.one thing, I have multiple toad connections opened but the same I used to even do in 12c client.

Will try to reinstall 12c and see if it resolves the Issue.

I don't know any reason why anything should happen at 1:36.

I just tried a long running query (over 2 minutes). It never hung and when I clicked "Cancel", it cancelled after a few seconds.

Sorry, I'm not sure what the problem could be other than a network disconnect or something like that.

Toad isn't really doing anything other than waiting for Oracle to give an answer after we send it a query.

-John