Toad World® Forums

Problem with Connections in Object Explorer portion of the Navigation Manager or SQL Editor


#1

I am running Toad Data Point 3.4.0.2038 which I installed recently (without upgrading from Toad 3.3.0.1526).

I’m experiencing a problem with the Object Explorer portion of the Navigation Manager and the SQL Editor that I didn’t have with the prior version of Toad (3.3.0.1526).

I’ll have various SQL Editors open to various Oracle 11 or SQL Server DBMSs and servers.
My Oracle connections are via TNS.
My SQL Server connections are via Windows Authentication.

When I first open a SQL Editor the connect is fine.

When I start switching between SQL Editor tabs (it doesn’t matter if it’s an Oracle or SQL Server connection), the schema or database that I originally connected to is “lost” in the Object Explorer – the “first” schema/database on that connection/server is displayed. For Oracle the actual SQL Editor tab stays connected correctly but for SQL Server it does not.

At some point I also get the error message: ‘The user does not have permission to perform this action’ if I attempt to open another SQL Server connection.