Re: RE: Is this me or yahoo?

Evening all,

Norm!

Seeing as how Rich and his Squirrel didn't have the problem, I can confirm
that Thunderbird displays all these "broken" emails correctly.

Must be an Outlook problem?

I email reports regularly from PL/SQL. In one of my older ones where I
explicitly dump the HTML, I have this lovely code:

-- Note that this next line will be stripped out by either Exchange or
Outlook....
t_mail.write_text(v_conn,'
content="text/html;charset=utf-8" />'||utl_tcp.crlf);

I wonder if Wahoo altered their headers on emails to something that
Exchange/Outlook now strips, thus causing the problem. I (very) briefly
compared the headers between an email from today and one from last week.
The one from today did have at least two new header records, but just for
threading. No time to check out the rest right now!

Rich -- [TeamT]

Disclaimer: May flowers??!? We're stuck in May showers!

the wireshark operators left muddy footprints to follow

Holmes…get my magnifying lens…i’m onto something!

Martin Gainty

Note de déni et de confidentialité

Ce message est confidentiel et peut être privilégié. Si vous n’êtes pas le
destinataire prévu, nous te demandons avec bonté que pour satisfaire informez
l’expéditeur. N’importe quelle diffusion non autorisée ou la copie de ceci est
interdite. Ce message sert à l’information seulement et n’aura pas n’importe
quel effet légalement obligatoire. Étant donné que les email peuvent
facilement être sujets à la manipulation, nous ne pouvons accepter aucune
responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.

well our community coordinator who is responsible for the Yahoo mirroring with the Quest community boards said that although he didn’t change anything, he did ‘do something which may resolve it - let me know’ - not sure what that was, or if it was even on Quest’s side since someone said they were seeing it in other Yahoo boards, but - I don’t see it happening anymore. If it’s resolved, it could be coincidence. or not.

No problem here, but I’m using gmail as you can see in my email address.

Groetjes,
Wim

Morning Mark,

If it's resolved, it could be
coincidence. or not.

it is most definitely resolved. Thanks.

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

Norman Dunbar
Contract Senior Oracle DBA
CIS Engineering Services
Internal : 7 28 2051
External : 0113 231 2051

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else. We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it. We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes. If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it.
We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes.

If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk