RE: Toad for Oracle 12.1 clashes with Oracle's 11g Forms Development Tools on Windows 7

I think when you installed 11g Middleware, it installed an Oracle client. That Oracle client
may have a regular client AND an instant client (some of Oracle’s other products work like this).

I’ve seen similar reports in the past, and I believe they were resolved by going to your system path setting in windows and putting whichever client that Toad
likes first in the path order.

From: Dan Marchant [mailto:bounce-danmarchant@toadworld.com]

Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2013 3:18 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Toad for Oracle 12.1 clashes with Oracle’s 11g Forms Development Tools on Windows 7

Toad for Oracle 12.1 clashes with Oracle’s 11g Forms Development Tools on Windows 7

Thread created by Dan Marchant

We are upgrading our OS at work from Windows XP to Windows 7 (32-bit). Toad for Oracle 12.1 works just fine, until I install the 32-bit version of Oracle’s 11g middleware development tools
(Forms and Reports Builders). The development tools work fine, but Toad can’t connect to the database any more. The first time you try to connect, it gives the message “Can’t initialize OCI. Error -1”. Subsequent attempts give the message “OCI_INVALID_HANDLE”.

We have verified that everything we’re using is all 32-bit (OS, Toad, Oracle development tools, and Oracle Client), so there’s no 64-bit issues (unless Oracle’s development tools are slipping
something in, but we specifically downloaded the 32-bit version).

Any thoughts? We need both of these tools available to us, and we’re getting pressure to figure this out soon. Most of the company, except for our development team, has already gone to Windows
7, but we can’t until all our toosl play nice together.

Thanks, Dan

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.