Recently Used File List Gets Dropped

I am using Toad for Oracle 12.8.0.49. I frequently use the File > Reopen File option to quickly open recently-used scripts. Since moving to 12.8 I’ve found that this list frequently gets blown away, but I’m not sure how this is happening. I had been in contact with Dell tech support and their suggestion was to set up a daily backup. The only problem with that is, if the backup runs after the list has been cleared it’s useless. Has anyone else had this happen with 12.8?

Is there anything that could be happening to cause a file exists check to fail? Are the files on a network or removable drive that isn’t mounted? When the popup is constructed Toad checks for a file’s existence. If the check returns False the file is removed from the list.

Sent: Monday, February 15, 2016 3:31 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Recently Used File List Gets Dropped

Recently Used File List Gets Dropped

Thread created by rleigh

I am using Toad for Oracle 12.8.0.49. I frequently use the File > Reopen File option to quickly open recently-used scripts. Since moving to 12.8 I’ve found that this list frequently gets blown away, but I’m not sure how this is happening. I had been in contact with Dell tech support and their suggestion was to set up a daily backup. The only problem with that is, if the backup runs after the list has been cleared it’s useless. Has anyone else had this happen with 12.8?

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

The files are on a network drive, in the same location I have always stored them when using previous versions of Toad.