SB treeview LHS refresh problem

Expand and select Tables node in LHS; on RHS scroll down to a table not listed in LHS; rt-click on table name, click “Select n LHS”. LHS lists only that one table name; the rest of the panel is grey. Clicking the History Back button refreshes the RHS and window title bar but does not refresh LHS. If I use the vertical scroll bar in LHS, it will refresh the panel but sometimes goes into a very funky state (this part is inconsistent and difficult to reproduce).

I saw what you were talking about when I was in the tables tab and switched from dropdown to treeview

This should be easy for John to fix.

Thanks,

Brad

From: droeschley_109 [mailto:bounce-droeschley_109@toadworld.com]

Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2013 10:46 AM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] SB treeview LHS refresh problem

Thread created by droeschley_109

Expand and select Tables node in LHS; on RHS scroll down to a table not listed in LHS; rt-click on table name, click “Select n LHS”. LHS lists only that one table name; the rest of the panel
is grey. Clicking the History Back button refreshes the RHS and window title bar but does not refresh LHS. If I use the vertical scroll bar in LHS, it will refresh the panel but sometimes goes into a very funky state (this part is inconsistent and difficult
to reproduce).

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I can reproduce this in the beta but not in my dev build. Ugh. I hate it when that happens. Hmmmm

From: Brad Boddicker [mailto:bounce-ButtonPusher@toadworld.com]

Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2013 10:02 AM

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] SB treeview LHS refresh problem

RE: SB treeview LHS refresh problem

Reply by Brad Boddicker

I saw what you were talking about when I was in the tables tab and switched from dropdown to treeview

This should be easy for John to fix.

Thanks,

Brad

From: droeschley_109 [mailto:bounce-droeschley_109@toadworld.com]

Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2013 10:46 AM

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] SB treeview LHS refresh problem

Thread created by droeschley_109

Expand and select Tables node in LHS; on RHS scroll down to a table not listed in LHS; rt-click on table name, click “Select n LHS”. LHS lists only that one table name; the rest of the panel
is grey. Clicking the History Back button refreshes the RHS and window title bar but does not refresh LHS. If I use the vertical scroll bar in LHS, it will refresh the panel but sometimes goes into a very funky state (this part is inconsistent and difficult
to reproduce).

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Image removed by sender.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

OK, I believe I have the painting problem fixed. I can’t reproduce the “funky state” you were referring to - can you be more specific?

“funky state” is not descriptive enough?

This happened only once. I got the LHS back to displaying the all the names - I believe I was on the Packages node - but it would not expand a package when I clicked on the plus sign, and I believe it was not even selecting the package to display in RHS when I clicked on package name. Since I can’t reproduce, I’m hoping I won’t see this again after I get the fix for the original problem.

John, I just installed .5 and I still have the same problem.

yeah, I still see it too. I’ll take another look at it, thanks.

Refresh problem still occurs in .7

additional note - if I click on a package in LHS and then scroll down RHS to a procedure or variable not visible on LHS window, I have the same issue that the LHS displays only the item that I clicked on in RHS. Tested in .13

Thanks. I haven’t forgotten about this bug, but the problem seems to be coming from the underlying treeview component. We will be getting an update to this component from the vendor soon. I am hopeful that the update will fix the problem.

Thanks for the info - will await your update when fix is in place.