Toad World® Forums

Schema browser data grid allows multi-select for some tables, but not for others

When I’m viewing some tables in the Schema Browser I am able to select multiple cells or rows very easily in the data grid by dragging the mouse, or shift key + arrows. For other tables, I can only select a single cell and that’s it. For the tables where I can do multi-select, it shows a hollow triangle looking icon in the leftmost grey column. For the tables where I can only select a single cell, it shows a solid black triangle. I want to be able to do multi-select in these tables too.

Is there an option that needs to be set/unset? Why does single select seem to only happen for some tables and not others?

The only way I can get the solid triangle is when I first select a table and haven’t clicked inside the data grid yet. As soon as I click inside the data grid, I get the hollow triangle - which represents the focused row.

I think that a solid triangle represents the current row (where the cursor is) in the grid, but the row is not selected. Once the row is selected, and focused, you get the hollow triangle. Also, you can have a row that is selected but not focused, represented with a dot icon.

Anyway, I think the key here is if you rt-click and check/uncheck “row select”. If you have the “Save layouts” option checked in options -> Schema Browser -> Data tab, this setting gets remembered per-table, along with column order and widths.