SDI Interface - Desc Window

The first thing I tried in the new beta is the SDI option. I am excited about being able to have my windows spread between monitors and already feel like I’ve gained some valuable real estate on my editor window. Nice!

One thing I noticed, though. When I have my Editor window open and press Ctrl+D, the describe window does not pop up anywhere. I have to actually click back on the main Toad window, press Ctrl+D and then I get my pop-up to enter in my object name.

F4 and Ctrl+Click appear to be working as expected, though.

I’ll let you know if I find anything else. Thank you so much for this new option!

Blessings,

Phyllis

Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

Security Gestapo
Digital Products & Strategies, Cru | Data Sciences & Analytics
Office :phone: 407-515-4452

phyllis.helton@cru.org

Phyllis,

Thank you so much for the feedback. This option has been a request for many years and I’m glad we’ve finally been able to get it done. As a long time Toad user, I’m sure you’re aware that we have LOTS of options and we wanted to get this out ASAP to get feedback so I’m sure there are other small issues like this that got past our crack QA team. We’ll get them fixed as soon as possible and please do let us know if you find other issues. We test and test and test but you actually use the product in the “real world” so every bit of feedback we can get from you (and all of the other great beta users we have) only makes the product better. Thanks again!!!

I know exactly what you mean about all the careful testing only to find out yet another way the users do things that you didn't account for. :slight_smile: Glad I can help to catch these things for you!

I just found another thing. I have my Object Palette on a separate monitor from my editor and the main Toad window (in case that is relevant) and have a view selected, but F4 doesn't pull up a describe window. The right-click Describe works fine, so I'll just have to get used to doing that until the other is fixed.

On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 8:57 AM, Gregory Liss bounce-GTDG@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: SDI Interface - Desc Window

Reply by Gregory Liss
Phyllis,

Thank you so much for the feedback. This option has been a request for many years and I'm glad we've finally been able to get it done. As a long time Toad user, I'm sure you're aware that we have LOTS of options and we wanted to get this out ASAP to get feedback so I'm sure there are other small issues like this that got past our crack QA team. We'll get them fixed as soon as possible and please do let us know if you find other issues. We test and test and test but you actually use the product in the "real world" so every bit of feedback we can get from you (and all of the other great beta users we have) only makes the product better. Thanks again!!!

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta Forum notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

--
Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

Security Gestapo

phyllis.helton@cru.org

Ctrl+T kills Toad with the SDI. The first time I tried using it, I had a few Desc windows open and the Editor and when I pressed Ctrl+T, at first things locked up and then after a few minutes, it closed. Then I opened it back up, tried to recover some files (which it didn't prompt me for, nor were they in the Recover Documents option). Then I tried again to use Ctrl+T to get a list of tables, and this time I got an Access Violation error. The final time I tried, I simply opened Toad, closed my login auto-run script tab and then typed 'select * from ga Ctrl+T and got the AV again.

If you need, I can send my elf file, but it seems like this one is pretty easy to duplicate. :slight_smile:

Just for fun, I switched back to MDI and tried this again with the same results.

On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 9:06 AM, Phyllis Helton phyllis.helton@cru.org wrote:

I know exactly what you mean about all the careful testing only to find out yet another way the users do things that you didn't account for. :slight_smile: Glad I can help to catch these things for you!

I just found another thing. I have my Object Palette on a separate monitor from my editor and the main Toad window (in case that is relevant) and have a view selected, but F4 doesn't pull up a describe window. The right-click Describe works fine, so I'll just have to get used to doing that until the other is fixed.

On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 8:57 AM, Gregory Liss bounce-GTDG@toadworld.com wrote:

Reply by Gregory Liss
Phyllis,

Thank you so much for the feedback. This option has been a request for many years and I'm glad we've finally been able to get it done. As a long time Toad user, I'm sure you're aware that we have LOTS of options and we wanted to get this out ASAP to get feedback so I'm sure there are other small issues like this that got past our crack QA team. We'll get them fixed as soon as possible and please do let us know if you find other issues. We test and test and test but you actually use the product in the "real world" so every bit of feedback we can get from you (and all of the other great beta users we have) only makes the product better. Thanks again!!!

--
Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

Security Gestapo

phyllis.helton@cru.org

--
Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

Security Gestapo

phyllis.helton@cru.org

No need Phylilis. This is easily reproducable.

Thanks!

From: phyllis.helton_1150 [mailto:bounce-phyllishelton_1150@toadworld.com]

Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2017 9:26 AM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] SDI Interface - Desc Window

Reply by phyllis.helton_1150

Ctrl+T kills Toad with the SDI. The first time I tried using it, I had a few Desc windows open and the Editor and when I pressed Ctrl+T, at first things locked up and then after a few minutes, it closed. Then I opened it back up, tried to recover some files (which it didn’t prompt me for, nor were they in the Recover Documents option). Then I tried again to use Ctrl+T to get a list of tables, and this time I got an Access Violation error. The final time I tried, I simply opened Toad, closed my login auto-run script tab and then typed 'select * from ga Ctrl+T and got the AV again.

If you need, I can send my elf file, but it seems like this one is pretty easy to duplicate. :slight_smile:

Just for fun, I switched back to MDI and tried this again with the same results.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta Forum
notifications altogether.

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Glad it isn't the secret handshake I use causing it. :slight_smile: It seemed pretty reproducible to me.

On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 9:51 AM, Brad Boddicker bounce-ButtonPusher@toadworld.com wrote:

Reply by Brad Boddicker
No need Phylilis. This is easily reproducable.

Thanks!

--
Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

Security Gestapo

phyllis.helton@cru.org

CTRL+T fixed for next beta

Hey Phyllis,

Ctrl+D and F4 from the Object Palette, as well as the Ctrl+T issue have been fixed for the next beta.

Feel free to let us know if you come across anything else! :slight_smile:

-John

Hehe… Oops… Looks like John beat me to the Ctrl+T issue update. Didn’t see his response before posting mine. :slight_smile:

Thanks, John!

Yay! Can't wait for the update. I'm having to be super careful using this beta or it crashes. :wink:

On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 5:36 PM, John Bowman bounce-jbowman@toadworld.com wrote:

Reply by John Bowman
Hehe... Oops... Looks like John beat me to the Ctrl+T update. Didn't see his response before posting mine. :slight_smile:

Thanks, John!

--
Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

Security Gestapo

phyllis.helton@cru.org