Popped Out Windows and Desc Windows in MDI Mode

If I have my Editor popped out on the same monitor as the main Toad window and a Desc Window showing on the other monitor, the way the windows do the stay on-top is strange. Every time I click on something in the Desc window, the Editor window goes behind the main Toad window (in this case, I have the Schema Browser open there, but it happens even if I don’t have anything else open). To get to my Editor, I have to use the “Window” menu. Then I click on the Desc window, and the Editor is hidden again.

Maybe this is the expected behavior because of the link between the Desc window and the Toad window, but it seems odd to me.

That said, I am planning on switching to SDI where this shouldn’t be an issue. I’m just mentioning it because I noticed it. :slight_smile:

Blessings,

Phyllis

Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

Security Gestapo
Digital Products & Strategies, Cru | Data Sciences & Analytics
Office :phone: 407-515-4452

phyllis.helton@cru.org

Thanks Phyllis. The grouped Describe window is fsStayOnTop and a popped out window is fsNormal, so that’s why they are acting differently. One solution would be to just make them all fsNormal, but then the describe window would be able to go behind Toad too, so that would probably bother the non-popping people with grouped describe windows.

If you want to make all windows fsNormal, you can pop your describe window in and then back out again.

Such fun. I'm glad you guys knew going into this that it would be a big can of worms. :slight_smile:

I'm now back to SDI mode so I'll be able to let you know all the fund things I find this way.

Have a great weekend!

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 4:01 PM, John Dorlon bounce-jdorlon@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: Popped Out Windows and Desc Windows in MDI Mode

Reply by John Dorlon
Thanks Phyllis. The grouped Describe window is fsStayOnTop and a popped out window is fsNormal, so that's why they are acting differently. One solution would be to just make them all fsNormal, but then the describe window would be able to go behind Toad too, so that would probably bother the non-popping people with grouped describe windows.

If you want to make all windows fsNormal, you can pop your describe window in and then back out again.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta Forum notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

--
Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

Security Gestapo
Digital Products & Strategies, Cru | Data Sciences & Analytics
Office :phone: 407-515-4452

phyllis.helton@cru.org