Tablespace Overview in TOAD 12

I recently upgraded from TOAD 9.7.2 to TOAD 12.

I use tablespace management a LOT as I support hundreds of small databases.

In TOAD 9.7.2 the tablepsaces where presented as an overview with a nice graph that showed % utilization.

In TOAD 12 when I go to what I thought was the same screen it lists each datafile separately. Usually when I am alerted to ad space I do a quick visual review to see if any other tablespaces are getting close to full.

I cannot find that “overvew” or summary at the tablespace level in TOAD 12. Am I missing something or is that feature the I use a LOT gone?

Thank You

Bill

Database -> Administer -> Tablespaces

Yes, that is what I use and it shows me the detail page only, a list of 200+ data files in 7 different tablespaces, I want to see the list of the 7 tablespaces not the detail of the datafiles.

Did you have the DBA module in your Toad 9.7 license but not in your Toad 12 license? Looks like you need the DBA module to see the tab that you’re missing. I checked the source code in both versions - the requirement is the same in both.

Hi John,

Yes, I had the DBA module in my TOAD 9.

Thought I did get DBA module for 12, it does allow me to add datafiles if I go through the menu’s but does not show the overview.

My PC crashed and I lost all that was on my hardrive.

I ended up installing a new version of Oracle client that will not allow me to run TOAD 8 and I just got TOAD 9 today.

What I have installed is 12 and it’s SO different form 8 and 9 that I’m used to.

At this time all I am finding is annoying differences, but I’m sure it’s better.

I’m trying to get what I need out of 12 instead of going back to 9.

What I used to see is:

What I see now is:

Thank You

Sent: Friday, January 29, 2016 12:03 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Tablespace Overview in TOAD 12

RE: Tablespace Overview in TOAD 12

Reply by John Dorlon

Did you have the DBA module in your Toad 9.7 license but not in your Toad 12 license? Looks like you need the DBA module to see the tab that you’re missing. I checked the source code in
both versions - the requirement is the same in both.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

The contents of this message, together with any attachments, are intended only for the use of the person(s) to which they are addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Further, any medical information herein is confidential and protected by law. It is unlawful for unauthorized persons to use, review, copy, disclose, or disseminate confidential medical information. If you are not the intended recipient, immediately advise the sender and delete this message and any attachments. Any distribution, or copying of this message, or any attachment, is prohibited.

That’s what the tablepsaces window looks like without the DBA module. Under Help -> About, it will say if the module is present (under the version number, where it says “Add-ons”. Sounds like you just need a new license key.

You are correct it says NONE for addons.

I am certain I have the DBA version, who do I talk to about this?

Sent: Friday, January 29, 2016 1:03 PM

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Tablespace Overview in TOAD 12

Reply by John Dorlon

That’s what the tablepsaces window looks like without the DBA module. Under Help -> About, it will say if the module is present (under the version number, where it says “Add-ons”. Sounds
like you just need a new license key.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

The contents of this message, together with any attachments, are intended only for the use of the person(s) to which they are addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Further, any medical information herein is confidential and protected by law. It is unlawful for unauthorized persons to use, review, copy, disclose, or disseminate confidential medical information. If you are not the intended recipient, immediately advise the sender and delete this message and any attachments. Any distribution, or copying of this message, or any attachment, is prohibited.

I’d say either talk to the sales rep who you bought it from, or go to support.

support.quest.com/

OK, thank you very much for your help.

I assumed when I could manage the tablespaces that I had the DBA module.

What’s that make me LOL!

Sent: Friday, January 29, 2016 1:15 PM

Reply by John Dorlon

I’d say either talk to the sales rep who you bought it from, or go to support.

support.quest.com/

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Yeah, if I recall correctly, part of that window existed before the DBA module, so it got grandfathered in.