Toad World® Forums

Teamcoding - Special (german) Characters dont work

Hi,

is there any way to change the output characterset of teamcoding?

Special german Characters dont work with my current configuration (db: WE8ISO8859P15).

The ddl_export gives back a correct file when configured to UTF-8.

LG Martin

Hi Martin,

Can you provide a bit more information to help troubleshoot this issue? Are the characters only not showing in your DDL export, or can you also not use them in your filenames within Team Coding? Are there specific characters that don't work while other special characters do?

Thanks,

-John

find attached an example of files generated via Teamcoding. It seems that all german charecters do not work. This issue is probably quite new. because it never appeared in the past. 2021-05-03 11_53_47-Program Manager

Hi Martin,

I ran some tests connected to a database that had WE8ISO8859P15 as the database character set in both Toad 14.1 and Toad 13.1 (for comparison). Unfortunately, I wasn't able to reproduce the exact same issue you're seeing. In both cases, Toad's Team Coding exported the file's contents correctly (with the exception of the capital "ẞ" character, which doesn't appear to be a part of that character set).

I did notice one thing, however, that I wonder if it may be contributing to the issue you're seeing. Check Toad's default encoding option within Files -> General -> Default Encoding. For that character set, I'd recommend using ANSI encoding. I noticed issues when Team Coding attempted to save DDL with those characters when the default Toad encoding was a UTF variant. I'm not entirely sure why that's happening yet; but if you have your default setting to UTF, try changing it to ANSI and see if that fixes the issue you're seeing.

Let us know what you find!

-John

Thank you. The default value seemed to have switched to ANSI with the last toad update. Now it works fine again after switching to UTF-8.

LG Martin