Toad 10.6 Can't move SQL History to Person or Named

I am using Toad 10.6 (can't be upgraded to newer version. Long story). I have SQL statements saved to the SQL History, but I don't see any way to move them to Personal/Named. By the way, what is the difference between Personal and Named?

I didn’t see my earlier reply to this, so this may be a double-post. You have to use the toolbar icons to change the category of SQL. These icons appear above the ‘SQL Contains’ filter dialog. The icon you should use is the hand holding the pencil:

Recall.png

The differences between Personal and Named SQL are as follows:

1. Named SQL allows you to call the syntax something (i.e. ‘Sales Data Query’)

2. You can ‘recall’ your Named SQL by using the Ctrl+N keyboard combination within Toad for Oracle’s Editor.

You have to use the toolbar icons right above the ‘SQL Contains’ filter dialog. I believe it’s the icon showing the hand holding the pencil (I’m flying by
memory at the moment).

The difference between Personal and Named is largely that Named SQL allows you to give the syntax a name (ex. My Query for Sales Data). The Named SQL can also
be referenced in the Editor using the Ctrl+N keyboard shortcut.

From: SkipMorrow [mailto:bounce-SkipMorrow@toadworld.com]

Sent: Friday, June 28, 2013 08:02

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Toad 10.6 Can’t move SQL History to Person or Named

Toad 10.6 Can’t move SQL History to Person or Named

Thread created by SkipMorrow

I am using Toad 10.6 (can’t be upgraded to newer version. Long story). I have SQL statements saved to the SQL History, but I don’t see any way to move them to Personal/Named. By the way, what
is the difference between Personal and Named?

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Thanks, Ben. I swear I had tried that icon before and it didn’t do what I thought. sigh

I still don’t see the benefit of the separate personal and named SQLs. If the only difference is that named can have separate, user generated names, then I don’t see any reason to use the Personal SQL.

The personal and named SQL goes way back to Toad’s pre-Quest days I believe. I’ve never seen the point of having them broken out either and it’s come up a
few times here in the office… bigger fish I guess.

From: SkipMorrow [mailto:bounce-SkipMorrow@toadworld.com]

Sent: Friday, June 28, 2013 11:10 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Toad 10.6 Can’t move SQL History to Person or Named

RE: Toad 10.6 Can’t move SQL History to Person
or Named

Reply by SkipMorrow

Thanks, Ben. I swear I had tried that icon before and it didn’t do what I thought. sigh

I still don’t see the benefit of the separate personal and named SQLs. If the only difference is that named can have separate, user generated names, then I don’t see any reason to use the Personal
SQL.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.