Toad World® Forums

Toad crashing with certain editor content

Use the following query to generate some “code”. Copy and paste it into an editor window, TOAD does not appreciate it.

SELECT LPAD(‘X’,ROWNUM,‘X’) FROM dual CONNECT BY ROWNUM <= 1000;

No problems here if I do that. But maybe it depends on the definition of appreciation?

Sent: Wednesday, 9 March, 2016 08:15

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Toad crashing with certain editor content

Toad crashing with certain editor content

Thread created by Peter Lang

Use the following query to generate some “code”. Copy and paste it into an editor window, TOAD does not appreciate it.

SELECT LPAD(‘X’,ROWNUM,‘X’) FROM dual CONNECT BY ROWNUM <= 1000;

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Wim de Lange

Senior IT expert

ALcontrol Laboratories

Steenhouwerstraat 15

3194 AG Rotterdam NL

Tel +31 10 23 14 724 • Mobile +31 65 15 34 387

Fax +31 10 41 63 034

e-mail W.deLange@alcontrol.nl •
www.alcontrol.com

• The information in this e-mail is confidential and may also be legally privileged.The contents are intended for recipient only and are subject to the legal notice available at: www.alcontrol.nl. Registered Office:Alcontrol BV, Steenhouwerstraat 15, 3194 AG Rotterdam.*

:slight_smile:

For me it just crashes. Curious if someone else can reproduce it, maybe it depends on some settings?

It does not crash for me. Which version of the beta are you using? I’m on 12.9.0.37.

Also, if it created an .el file, that is sometimes helpful.

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 2:55 AM, Peter Lang bounce-PeterLang@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: Toad crashing with certain editor content

Reply by Peter Lang
:slight_smile:

For me it just crashes. Curious if someone else can reproduce it, maybe it depends on some settings?

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta notifications altogether.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Phyllis Helton

Data Magician
Digital Products & Strategies, Cru | Data Sciences & Analytics
Office :phone: 407-515-4452

phyllis.helton@cru.org

I’m ad 12.9.0.36 right now, will test again once upgraded.

Does not look like there is a new .el file.

It pastes OK for me as well. Can you post a screenshot of the error you’re seeing?

Just reproduced it with 12.9.0.38.
This is not a real problem for me - my code does not usually look like this :wink:

Screenshot:

Still happens with 12.9.0.45, can any of my settings cause this problem?

I can’t think of any settings, but have you tried with new user files temporarily to rule those out? Also in your screenshot you were just pasting the text and that error popped up as soon as you paste? I wonder if it’s related to Steven’s error. There’s unsafe code in there that takes a pointer to a string from an external DLL and works with it. A clone of the string should have been made, but wasn’t. I believe this is all cleared up for next beta so you can try again in it as well. If you have a chance to try new user files do so and if that clears it up send me your old user files. michael.staszewski@quest.com

Thanks,

Michael

Is there an easy way to avoid importing User Files from older installations when I delete my current User Files?

If it imports your old settings and you don’t want them, just go to Utilities -> Copy User Settings, then choose “Reset to a clean set of user files”

Just go to Utilities > copy user settings >reset to a clean set of user files

Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2016 9:01 AM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Toad crashing with certain editor content

RE: Toad crashing with certain editor content

Reply by Peter Lang

Is there an easy way to avoid importing User Files from older installations when I delete my current User Files?

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.