Hello Toad Data Modeler users,
I am pleased to announce new release of Toad Data Modeler, version 3.3.7.
This version brings:
- new features: PDF report and Watermark in RTF report,
- bug fixes in Convertor and alter scripts.
Toad Data Modeler 3.3.7 is a patch to Toad Data Modeler 3.3.5. Version 3.3.5 brought great new features and enhancements and more than seventy resolved issues. Please see their brief list below.
- Support of MS SQL Server 2008
- Support of PostgreSQL 8.3
- Support for MySQL 5.1
- Object Viewer
- Reports through XSL transformation
- XSD File generation
- Side-by-side installation
- Alter scripts for MS SQL Server 2005
- Possibility to select objects by category or schema/owner on Workspace
- Reverse engineering - Support for Oracle 11g client, Unicode support for Oracle/Direct connection to MySQL
- DDL script generation - Preview function before you save the generated SQL code.
- Physical model - M:N relationships
- Logical model - Possibility to map relationships
GUI Enhancements + Other
- Possibility to name notes and pair them by name during model compare
- Version Manager - Possibility to check out/check in multiple versions at one jump
- Break points of relationships renamed to Handle Points.
- Right-click a Workspace to see the renamed options: Add All Model Objects to Workspace (used to be Complete All from Model), Add Selected Objects to Workspace (used to be Complete from Model)
- Possibility to list all attributes/triggers etc. of the model. - See the Object Viewer feature
- Adding new items via down arrow on your keyboard e.g. in the Entity Properties form
- and much more…
The Release Notes document for both versions (v. 3.3.7 and v. 3.3.5) is available at:
There is one installation package for Commercial and Trial version of Toad Data Modeler.
Please read the Installation Guide.pdf document carefully before you install the latest version of Toad Data Modeler.
Let me draw your attention to:
- new limitations of Trial version - 15 -day trial period and multiple features limited to a maximum of 25 entities*,
- side-by-side installation,
- modified default locations.
The Installation Guide is available on the new version Download page.
*Note: Information on new limitations of Trial version is also available at:
Download Toad Data Modeler 3.3.7 from:
!Do NOT open and resave models originally created in developmentally higher version of Toad Data Modeler (e.g. in v. 3.3.7) in lower version of Toad Data Modeler (e.g. in v. 3.2.x).
Side-by-side installation is possible. Please read the Installation Guide.pdf document carefully.
Documentation and Flash Movies
Help file, Manual and Reference Guide have been updated.
Watch new and updated flash movies at:
Please sort the movies in ascending or descending order.
New movies are marked as NEW!.
Any feedback on the movies is greatly appreciated!
Please feel free to look around our Modeling community for:
a) the Library section | Utilities | Packages (Add-ins):
b) the Localize Your Reports section at:
Note: I refer to the movie ‘New Features… - Part II’.
Using TDM v2 and v3
You can use both versions at the same time. Both product versions can be installed on your computer and no problem should occur.
Version 3 can open *.dm2 and .dmx files directly. However, models created in version 3 (.txp) cannot be opened in version 2.
Version 3 does not support all databases supported in version 2.
Flash movie on opening models created in version 2 is available at:
Purchase and Support Links
Visit Quest’s online store:
For technical questions contact Technical Support at:
Thank you for all your feedback and support!
Enjoy the new version 3.3.7!
Vladka & TDM Team