Toad data modeler 5.3 Workspace Issue

Hi,

I am using toad data modeler 5.3 version. Recently i moved modeler to new server which has specifications as follows:

Server specifications:

Windows Server 2008R2 Enterprise, 64 bit, 12 GB RAM, 2 Processors

Now when i try to click on entities under workspace, beyond certain point i am unable to view the entities, Also when i click on entities there is no response. Attached is the screen shot, where i can select an entity which is highlighted and after that point if i try to click on other entities there is no response. I cant even scroll completely.

It use to work properly on my local machines which is Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit , 8 GB RAM.

Please help me to solve this issue.

Hello there,

Some of your objects are located outside of the workspace. Do you see the rectangle shapes indicating page sizes? They end roughly in the half of your screenshot and the area on the right of them is not workspace anymore. This could cause the problems you described.

First, go to Settings Menu | Options | Graphics | Autolayout tab and decrease Horizontal/Vertical Distance Coefficient to a smaller number (20 or so).****Now try using autolayout somewhere within the workspace to ensure all of your objects will be moved there. Hopefully, this will solve your problem.

Regards,

Lukas

Thanks Lukas, It worked by changing the coefficient values.