Toad for Oracle 12.7.1.11 crashes with EAccessViolation

Hello,

I am running Toad for Oracle 12.7.1.11, with an Oracle 12.1 64-bit client on Windows 7 64-bit. As of the last version of Toad, I was getting this crash about once every two or three days of regular use. Since updating to 12.7.1.11, this is happening about twice a day, especially if I let my machine idle for an hour or two before attempting to use Toad again.

This crash doesn't give me the option to submit a bug report and nothing is written to the Toad log file (toad.el).

Eureka log: [View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/10/7180.Toad.log:320:240]

And another from today. Same deal: walked away from Toad for an hour. Came back, tried to run a query. Crash.

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/10/7774.Toad.log:320:240]

And one more: [View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/10/7723.Toad.log:320:240]

Hello, sorry to hear this is happening. Unfortunately this is our exception logging component crashing, not Toad. There is not much we can do. 12.8 will be released in early Nov and include an updated version of this component which should fix this issue.

Are you running Freeware?

Also, if you are still here. Please got to help > support bundle and send it to me (brad.boddicker@sfotware.dell.com). Anyone else having this issue (see screenshot above) please do the same. Thanks.

I updated to 12.8 about a week or so ago, but this issue has continued. I’m not running Freeware. I’ll send you the support bundle info. Thanks!

Got it. Thanks.

Interesting to see that Toad Jump might be causing this.

Does this AV seem to happen while you’re typing?

What happens when you type Ctrl+J?

Sent: Monday, November 16, 2015 12:33 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Toad for Oracle 12.7.1.11 crashes with EAccessViolation

RE: Toad for Oracle 12.7.1.11 crashes with EAccessViolation

Reply by joshr7k

I updated to 12.8 about a week or so ago, but this issue has continued. I’m not running Freeware. I’ll send you the support bundle info. Thanks!

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Brad, I am seeing the same issue after having installed 12.8. I will be sending you the support bundle now.

See related thread for possible workaround: http://www.toadworld.com/products/toad-for-oracle/f/10/p/30524/61092#61092