Toad World® Forums

Toad for Oracle 13.4 Freeware Already Expired

Hi John,

I've also been struggling with this same issue. I support a small development team and have been using Toad Freeware for the last 8 years. I set up Oracle SQL Developer for now but would like to continue using Toad.

Side note, went to Quest site to get a temporary commercial license. But it was a single seat that could only be used by the person who installed the software. Reached out with questions and was told by a Quest Regional Account Manager "Toad based freeware is no longer available. My apologizes."

I'm thrilled to hear that a solution is in the works! And I'd like to request a temporary trial key till this issue till the 13.4 license issue is resolved.

Hi Cathy,

You should be able to go back to the Freeware download page and re-download the new installer. That installer should work for you and your team. The installer can be found here:

-John

1 Like

Thanks John!

The new installer worked with trial period. Appreciate your help.

Thanks John! It's working for me now :))

Great job. Its OK now!
Thanks.

Hi John,

I'm following up to find out if this trial version will convert to Freeware. I'm seeing that trial will expire in 11 days.

Thanks again,
Cathy

Hi Cathy,

Yes, the trial version will convert to freeware, but the freeware period for Toad 13.4 has changed from six months down to 60 days after the trial expires. It also will be a full Base license, rather than the limited freeware restrictions. Quest is working towards providing a lower-cost method to obtain a full Base license for individual users and expect to have that version available to the public within the next month or two.

-John

1 Like

Thanks for the update, John. Looking forward to hearing about the new offering.