TOAD SQL Autopopulate and Synonyms Issue

Recently, TOAD for Oracle where I work has developed a couple of strange behaviors. For some schema when I try to get it to auto populate the available tables while typing a query, it just shows the schema name with a minus sign in front. I have to press Ctrl+T and this displays the list for me to choose from. It also doesn't happen to all schemas, most of which work fine. At the same time this started happening, some of my synonyms stopped working, but not all of them. I can r-click and "describe" the synonym in the query and my entry appears, but when I try to run it it says the table/view doesn't exist. If I try to recreate the synonym it says I have insufficient privileges, but I can create new synonyms no problem. I can also run the query if I enter the full table name. I've asked my helpdesk, but they're unsure what's going on. Has anyone run across this before? Thanks!

when I try to run it it says the table/view doesn't exist.

I can also run the query if I enter the full table name.

maybe the synonyms need to be recompiled?

alter synonym <synonym_name> compile;

If there are several to be compiled, you can find and select them in the schema browser, then rt--click and choose "compile".