[toadbeta] Re: RE: Editor - resource usage/efficiency poll

[toadbeta] Re: RE: Editor - resource usage/efficiency
poll

There will still be a delay when using 1 or 2 sets of docking controls. If we use 1 we need to reload the desktop when needed, if we use 2 we need to set visibility or parent controls as needed. Both will present a delay to setup when switching tabs. The first beta for the next Toad version will have both methods in there that can be toggled via an option. Try it then.

I should also add that having 2 sets of controls for the 2 pre-canned dock layouts is limiting and hard coding a solution in place. User’s can create multiple desktops and may have 3, 4, or more desktop layouts. We can’t assume that a user will only have 2 desktop layouts. That is probably the most common scenario, but not the only one. I have multiple desktops for my IDE. I have one for work where my monitor is a 24" widescreen and another for my tiny 19" traditional at home. For users that have Toad installed on a laptop where they may be connected to monitors of various sizes multiple desktops are a useful feature.

Michael

Hi Michael,

... monitor is a 24" widescreen and another for my tiny 19"
traditional at home.

19" is "tiny" eh? It wasn't long ago I still had a 15" LCD. Most of my
colleagues here still do in fact! I've got a huge (!) 17" LCD at work
and a 17" widescreen laptop at home alongside my 17" desktop
(traditional).

Funny where progress takes us!

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it.
We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes.

If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

Speaking of Thread hijacks
I want to ask about our mutual nemesis ORA-12560
i spent this past weekend trying to overcome a 12560 when I saw Windows 32
Buffer Invalid parameter argument
Sensing Microsoft was indeed the culprit I released the hounds and replaced both
the JVM and JDBC-Driver pack
12560 again…Holmes our hounds have not treed the elusive fox!
I went to NETCA.BAT tore down the aberrant CAESAR SID and re-created CAESAR with
netca
Will Oracle replace message file of 12560 with something more friendly such as
“please use netca.bat and re-create SID=CAESAR”

Bigger Screen -More Information
Smaller Screen
Martin Gainty

Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung/Note de déni et de confidentialité

Diese Nachricht ist vertraulich. Sollten Sie nicht der vorgesehene Empfaenger
sein, so bitten wir hoeflich um eine Mitteilung. Jede unbefugte Weiterleitung
oder Fertigung einer Kopie ist unzulaessig. Diese Nachricht dient lediglich dem
Austausch von Informationen und entfaltet keine rechtliche Bindungswirkung.
Aufgrund der leichten Manipulierbarkeit von E-Mails koennen wir keine Haftung
fuer den Inhalt uebernehmen.

Ce message est confidentiel et peut être privilégié. Si vous n’êtes pas le destinataire prévu, nous te demandons avec bonté que pour satisfaire informez l’expéditeur. N’importe quelle diffusion non autorisée ou la copie de ceci est interdite. Ce message sert à l’information seulement et n’aura pas n’importe quel effet légalement obligatoire. Étant donné que les email peuvent facilement être sujets à la manipulation, nous ne pouvons accepter aucune responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.

please sub tns-listener for SID

thanks,
Martin Gainty

Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung/Note de déni et de confidentialité

Diese Nachricht ist vertraulich. Sollten Sie nicht der vorgesehene Empfaenger
sein, so bitten wir hoeflich um eine Mitteilung. Jede unbefugte Weiterleitung
oder Fertigung einer Kopie ist unzulaessig. Diese Nachricht dient lediglich dem
Austausch von Informationen und entfaltet keine rechtliche Bindungswirkung.
Aufgrund der leichten Manipulierbarkeit von E-Mails koennen wir keine Haftung
fuer den Inhalt uebernehmen.

Ce message est confidentiel et peut être privilégié. Si vous n’êtes pas le destinataire prévu, nous te demandons avec bonté que pour satisfaire informez l’expéditeur. N’importe quelle diffusion non autorisée ou la copie de ceci est interdite. Ce message sert à l’information seulement et n’aura pas n’importe quel effet légalement obligatoire. Étant donné que les email peuvent facilement être sujets à la manipulation, nous ne pouvons accepter aucune responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.

Martin,

Speaking of Thread hijacks
As we were? :wink:

I want to ask about our mutual nemesis ORA-12560
Ah yes, the much loved and universally loathed "TNS:protocol adapter
error".

... Holmes our hounds have not treed the elusive fox!
Sorry, you can't do fox hunting in the UK anymore. You can shoot them,
or chase them with a single dog, but no more than one.

I went to NETCA.BAT tore down the aberrant CAESAR SID and
re-created CAESAR with netca
Will Oracle replace message file of 12560 with something
more friendly such as
"please use netca.bat and re-create SID=CAESAR"
Well, I'm not convionced that this was your problem actually. 12560 is a
bit of a catch all - I've had it when I loginto "/ as sysdba" on a box
where I'm not logged in as a "bda" group member. Switch to the correct
user account (on Unix) and I can login as "/ as sysdba" with no errors.

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it.
We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes.

If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

i very much like the 'nix login passthru solution for 12560 error

sorry to hear about the foxhunt…chasing a crafty fox out of the garden with a
12v scooter would be a bit of a challenge

Thanks Norm!
Martin

Councillors pearls of wisdom go here

OK.
If the preloaded component sets would only lead to blinking, then it
seems useless to me.

Right. I would be satisfied with just 2 defaults that would be used when
displaying many tabs when loading a DDL script. Some time ago the editor asked,
whether to split my database backup DDL (100+ database objects) script. When I
accepted the split option, there were strange things happening.