ToadDP 3.2 table data filter issues

I’m having problems with Toad Data Point 3.2.0.916 Pro when attempting to set a table (not column) data filter for use while browsing data in a table. A filter can be set and works the first time after Toad is started, but on the second and subsequent attempts to modify the existing one or set a new filter or browsing a different table and coming back to the one being filtered, the filter is just automatically cleared without Toad ever trying to use it, until Toad is re-started. Attempting to use custom SQL in the SQL tab of the filter dialog box does not help.

I did not experience this issue when using Toad for Data Analysts 3.1 Pro.

The issue seems to be the same on SQL Server 2005/2008 and Oracle 11g databases.

Is anyone else seeing this type of issue? At this point I may have to drop back to TDA 3.1 to get this functionality restored.

I’m running on a Dell OptiPlex 990 w/ 4GB RAM, WinXP SP3 32, on the primary display of a dual monitor setup.

Re-installing Toad has not helped with this issue.

I repeat, is anyone else seeing this issue or am I the only one using this feature?

Thanks.

Unfortunately you’re right: this is a regression issue. I created a high priority CR103370 to track this bug.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Igor.

Thanks, Igor. And I am sure you are now aware the issue appears to be the same with Toad Data Point 3.3.0.732.

• MJ

Yes, I checked TDA 3.1, TDP 3.2 and the TDP 3.3 beta to make sure it’s a regression issue.

Igor.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet? I am having this issue in TDP 3.2 as well and it’s a real pain!

Hi Chris,

The issue has been fixed in TDP 3.5.

Regards

Aleksey