Unable to edit CLOB fields

I am using version 7.0.1.3033 of SQL Navigator.

In previous versions I was able to double-click on a CLOB field to bring up the CLOB Editor, make changes, then saves the changes.

In this version, the CLOB Editor still opens up but I cannot make changes and all the editing icons are grayed out (see screenshot attached).

What do I need to do to make these fields editable again?

Thanks
CLOB Editor.png

Hi there,

Thanks for your feedback, this was confirmed as a bug, SQLNAV-1482 is for it, once we fix will let you know.

Currently we suggest that you can edit it from code editor data grid, which means you can try to drag and drop that table into code editor, and run the select statement with updateable option ON, then you can edit the clob cell as expected.

Please let us know how you go with it, thanks.

Best Regards,

Shirly

Thanks Shirly!

How to set the updateable ON option?

No problem, it should be me who say thank you for your feedback. [:)]

For the updateable option, please see the screen shot.

Thanks Shirly!

I learned something new about SQL Navigator today!
J

Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2014 6:35 PM

To: sqlnav@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [SQL Navigator - Discussion Forum] Unable to edit CLOB fields

RE: Unable to edit CLOB fields

Reply by Shirly

No problem, it should be me who say thank you for your feedback. Smile

For the updateable option, please see the screen shot.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from SQL Navigator - General
notifications altogether.

SQL Navigator - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Confidentiality Notice: The information transmitted herein may contain confidential, proprietary and/or privileged material which belongs to Trident Exploration Corp. and its affiliates and is intended only for the addressee(s).
Any unauthorized review, distribution or other use or the taking of any action in reliance upon this information is prohibited. If you received this email in error, please contact the sender or call (403) 770-0333 and delete this email and any copies.

Thank you for your kindly understanding, the issue can’t edit big CLOB from table editor has been fixed and will be applied in our first beta drop of 7.1, we would like to get your feedback anytime. :slight_smile:

Thanks again,

Shirly

Hi jparadis ,

I am glad to tell that this issue has been fixed and applied in our 7.1 beta which was release to community yesterday, you can download it from beta overview page and have a check now. :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Shirly

That was fast!

Thanks Shirly!

Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 1:37 AM

To: sqlnav@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [SQL Navigator - Discussion Forum] Unable to edit CLOB fields

RE: Unable to edit CLOB fields

Reply by Shirly

Hi jparadis ,

I am glad to tell that this issue has been fixed and applied in our 7.1 beta which was release to community yesterday, you can download it from beta overview page and have a check now. :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Shirly

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from SQL Navigator - General
notifications altogether.

SQL Navigator - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Confidentiality Notice: The information transmitted herein may contain confidential, proprietary and/or privileged material which belongs to Trident Exploration Corp. and its affiliates and is intended only for the addressee(s).
Any unauthorized review, distribution or other use or the taking of any action in reliance upon this information is prohibited. If you received this email in error, please contact the sender or call (403) 770-0333 and delete this email and any copies.