Warning Toad Message

Well HALLELUIA! Fixing CommonDialogFavorites to equal nothing fixed the problem!

(I had changed it to equal what was in my 11.5 TOAD.INI, but hadn’t tried it to equal nothing)

Thanks for all the input. I was getting frustrated thinking we had to use this repository thing. So glad that is not the case! I will use it for a week or two and see if there are any other ‘gotchas’ before I tell the team they’re free to install it and change that one entry in TOAD.INI.

Again, thanks!

You have been provided several solutions including resetting user files which you’ve been standoffish about trying. What’s the deal? If you’re going to go to 11.5 as a result anyways you have nothing to lose and this may resolve the issue. At least you’ll be on a newer version even if you have to reset some of your options. It sounds like your next Toad upgrade just might be in time for the Tokyo Olympics at your current employer so why not try this simple step to use 12.1 until then?

I am an infrequent user of toad, and just ran into this issue today on 12.1.0.22 which I’ve been on for some time now. I have no idea what changed.

My toad.ini CommonDialogFavorites is already set to nothing, as suggested here;

support.quest.com/…/114827

I’ve done the “reset user files” process as per these instructions;

support.quest.com/…/122182

The bummer is having to re-create all of my connections, but I’m off and running now.

I had this problem on 12.1.0.22. Thanks for the help above - I’ve used View->Toad Options->Files->Open/Save Dialogs to see what favourites I’ve saved, and realised that I’ve renamed one of them - I removed it from the list and everything is now working again.

Thanks. My version is 12.1.0.22 and the error started after I moved one of my favorites folder. When I searched for TOAD.ini, there were two copies in 11.0 and 12.1 folder. Removed the invalid favorites folder path from CommonDialogFavorites in 12.1 and it worked like a charm!

For me resetting the usersettings and begin from a clean install did the job.