When I remove and replace an entity in my all items workspace, WHY does it populate into all my workspaces even though it was not there originally?

I have looked for a setting that would manage this the way I want it to, but cannot find one.

When I remove and replace (refresh from data base) an entity in my all items workspace, I want it to reside ONLY in the workspace it most recently populated… not all of my workspaces.

Thanks for any insights.

Hello,

if workspace has set option "Auto Complete", than all new entities added to model will be added in this workspace. First workspace (default called "All Items") has this option set. You can change this by right click on Workspace, choose Workspace Format and on first tab is checkbox autocomplete.

BTW: You can delete only shortcut from workspace and Entity will preserve in other workspaces and model.

Daril

awesome. Thanks . That solves the issue.

On May 31, 2018, at 11:46 PM, Daril bounce-Daril@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: When I remove and replace an entity in my all items workspace, WHY does it populate into all my workspaces even though it was not there originally?

Reply by Daril
Hello,

if workspace has set option "Auto Complete", than all new entities added to model will be added in this workspace. First workspace (default called "All Items") has this option set. You can change this by right click on Workspace, choose Workspace Format and on first tab is checkbox autocomplete.

BTW: You can delete only shortcut from workspace and Entity will preserve in other workspaces and model.

Daril

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.
Or Unsubscribe from Toad Data Modeler Forum notifications altogether.
Toad Data Modeler - Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Bill Scollard
Calgary, Alberta, Canada