Authenticate an IMAP, POP or SMTP connection using OAuth

Hi,

I'm using SMTP settings (smtp.office365.com) when sending emails using Automation Designer.
I have now gotten information that Windows will do some changes on October 1st and http://smtp.office365.com could possible not work after the change.
Is there anyone that uses another setup to send emails in automation designer?
Will OAuth 2.0 authentication be implemented in Toad automation designer?

The component that we're using to send email supports OAuth2, but it looks like we are only using the User/Password authentication mechanism.

If we need to make changes to support OAuth2, we can do that for the next version.

1 Like

Hi John,
Exactly, right now I can only user the user/password authentication mechanism.

I would be glad if it possible to get it implemented in the next version.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Hello,

Trying to do the same in Automation Designer in TOAD 16.2.

Has this been implemented in 16.x version yet?

Thanks

Rachna

We looked at it but did not implement it. There were some complications that we didn't expect. We still have the request logged in our bug/enhancement request tracking system.

Thanks John,

Is there a link where I can track this enhancement list, please?

Rachna

No there is not, I'm sorry.

Hello, does TOAD 17 support email feature in Automation Designer using OAUTH2?

Rachna

Hello,

Same answer as before:

We looked at it but did not implement it. There were some complications that we didn't expect. We still have the request logged in our bug/enhancement request tracking system.

-John

You may be able to send email using a PowerShell script and the Shell Execute action in Automation Designer. I see samples online for sending messages using the Microsoft Graph API. Here is one blog on the subject and there are many others. https://practical365.com/upgrade-powershell-scripts-sendmailmessage/ I have not tested any of the scripts.

Happy New Year!

Thank you, will give this a try.

Rachna