ERROR update toad 16.2

Good day

Error in ProjectConfig.txt, options section, 2 fields required in line: FontName,Segoe UI.

Tell them that, today, after updating from version 16.1 to 16.2; I closed everything and opened the new version 16.2 and I got the following error:

toad-v162--error.txt (83.4 KB)

If you use the project manager in Toad, please send me your ProjectConfig.txt file. There is probably a small change that can be made to it to fix.

If you don't use the project manager, you can probably just rename that file to fix.

Please let me know.

-John

John

If I use it, I attach the version 16.2 file
ProjectConfig.txt (5.1 KB)

In that file, you have a line like:

FontName,"Segoe UI"

or

FontName,Segoe UI.

Delete that line and try Toad again.

John

Follow the same error:

Do the following:

1.- Close Toad
2.- Open the file "ProjectConfig.txt" (C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle\16.2\User Files)
3.- Delete the line => FontName,"Segoe UI"
4.- Open Toad 16.2
5.- Utilities / Copy User Settings / Copy user files from a previous installation / Ok
6.- Toad restarted automatically

7.- The same error appears
toad162--error

Well, after you did "copy user settings", Toad copied over your changes to that file when it imported the settings. Make the change again and I think you'll be OK after that.

I have done it again and the error continues to appear and the theme is not configured as it was in version 16.1

The toad 16.1 theme I had was:

I want to restore my theme from 16.1 to 16.2...it's a custom theme

I don't understand how you can still be getting that error in Toad 16.2 if that line is deleted.
Were all copies of Toad 16.2 closed when you deleted that line?

I think that error is preventing settings from getting loaded completely.

You may also need to do this:

1. Close project manager in Toad 16.1
  2. Close all copies of 16.1
  3. remove that line from 16.1 settings
  4. Start 16.2 and re-import settings from 16.1.

Yes John, but to be safer I am going to restart my laptop and follow the 6 steps that I described above.

I'll let you know the results...

John

I restarted my laptop, followed the steps and the same error came out and it put the default theme (light), also my projects are not seen

I don't know how this can be happening. Can you zip up and email me your 16.1 user files folder?

I'll send you an email.

John,
I sent you the email with the information, did you get it right?

Hi Carlos,

I don't have it. I checked spam folders too.

-John

I sent it again, please check it
I think you didn't get it because it weighs more than 15mb... I sent it to you so you can download it through one drive