Problem with Session Browser - always expands the tree on refresh.

Greetings all,

• Windows 7 client
  • Toad 12.1.0.22
  • DBA Module
  • 11.2.0.4 database on a Windows 2008 Azure server, in the cloud.
    In the session browser, database->monitor->Session Browser, I’m watching an impdp session with 8 parallel slaves - DW00 through DW07. In order to see those, I have to remove the filter to “Exclude NULL and SYSTEM OS Users”.

As soon as I click Refresh, or as soon as the timer refreshes, all the sessions in the tree on the left side, expand and turn cyan.

Steps to reproduce:

• Open Session Browser;
  • Click the filter and unselect “Exclude NULL and SYSTEM OS Users”. (Nothing is now ticked);
  • The refresh checkbox can be checked or unchecked.
  • Click on one (or more) of the ‘+’ beside the program name to monitor - I’m using DW00, but anything at all works, provided, it’s a SYSTEM or background process. The program name will be ORACLE.EXE (xxxx)(n) where ‘xxxx’ is the background task name and ‘n’ is the number of processes.
  • Wait …
    If the screen is set up to refresh every few seconds, on the next refresh, all the background processes named “oracle.exe (xxxx)(n)” will effectively “expand all”. If the screen is not set up to auto-refresh, just click on the refresh button (two green arrows pointing in a circle) and again, all the background sessions will “expand all”. It’s terribly annoying! :wink:

I suspect this might be fixed in some patch or other released after my version, but unfortunately, I’m not up to date here. Sigh.

Norm!

Sorry for the delayed answer. This is happening because when remembering which nodes to expand, we do that without the stuff after the paren. In most cases, the stuff in parens is the number of child nodes. But for the Oracle process nodes, there are 2 sets of parens. Looks like we need to remember everything up to the LAST set of parens, not the first. It will be fixed in 12.11. Hopefully it won’t be too long before you can update!

-John

Excellent! Thanks, as ever, John.

I have a work around at the moment. Don't auto refresh. Don't click refresh. Just set the desired tab on the right side, then click the program of interest on the left. Toad kindly refreshes that one for me.

Cheers,

Norm.

On 24 October 2016 22:06:17 BST, John Dorlon bounce-jdorlon@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: Problem with Session Browser - always expands the tree on refresh.

Reply by John Dorlon
Norm!

Sorry for the delayed answer. This is happening because when remembering which nodes to expand, we do that without the stuff after the paren. In most cases, the stuff in parens is the number of child nodes. But for the Oracle process nodes, there are 2 sets of parens. Looks like we need to remember everything up to the LAST set of parens, not the first. It will be fixed in 12.11. Hopefully it won't be too long before you can update!

-John

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle Forum notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

--

Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.