I downloaded an Oracle client version 10.1 32 bit and was able to reproduce the same problem as you. I thought your path, with the ó in óraclient may have been a problem but even when I changed that the problem was not solved.
I think there is some incompatibility between the 10.1 client and Toad 9.7.
I deleted the 10.1 client, installed a 10.2 client, and was able to connect successfully with Toad 9.7.
This is the client that I installed:
Please do the following to solve your problem:
- delete all installed Oracle clients.
- make sure there is no trace of any oracle client on hard drive, system path, or registry - specifically HKLM\SOFTWARE\ORACLE...you can just delete that node after deinstall. Also check HTML\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ORACLE for good measure)
- install the 10.2 oracle client to a simple path with no spaces and only ascii characters.
I suggest C:\Oracle\Client
- update your path variable to include the location of oci.dll
- If you are using a TNSNames file, put it in c:\Oracle\TNSAdmin
- Update or create your TNS_ADMIN variable to c:\Oracle\TNSAdmin
That should get you going.