Toad World® Forums

"you do not have permissions to this window from that session"

After the most recent upgrade of TOAD I’m now receiving the following error: “you do not have permissions to this window from that session”"

This error occurs when I use any of the basic toad functions, such as 1) Alter table 2) create a script

I have permissions to perform these tasks and my permissions have not been changed since the install. Has anyone experienced this before?

I have blown away registry entries, re-installed with admin permissions (to ensure is was done this way the first time), deleted roaming and config files and re-installed. Ever since the 13 install my Toad app has been crippled.

This is very odd and does not sound like an error that would be coming from Toad. Can you send a screenshot?

Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2018 8:55 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] “you do not have permissions to this window from that session”

"you do not have permissions to this window from that session"

Thread created by peter_mclinn

After the most recent upgrade of TOAD I’m now receiving the following error: “you do not have permissions to this window from that session”"

This error occurs when I use any of the basic toad functions, such as 1) Alter table 2) create a script

I have permissions to perform these tasks and my permissions have not been changed since the install. Has anyone experienced this before?

I have blown away registry entries, re-installed with admin permissions (to ensure is was done this way the first time), deleted roaming and config files and re-installed. Ever since the 13 install my Toad app has been crippled.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Did you accidentally install Read-only Toad? Or is the connection set to read only in the login window?

Or did someome set up Toad Security on your database? Look for a table called TOAD.TOAD_RESTRICTIONS.

Read-only is not checked.

Not the case here… Readonly is not the case here…

This message is usually shown when a user does not have permision to open a window with a particular connection. It could be due to Toad security, or read-only.

But the weird thing is that in both of those cases, the “Alter Table” menu item would be disabled or not visible at all, so wouldn’t have been able to double-click it anyway.

It could also happen when there is no connection at all assigned to the current window. But that shouldn’t happen.

Can you give more details about what you are doing from the moment you start Toad up to the moment of the error?

If you want to just make a short video, you can send it to me directly instead of posting it to the forum: john.dorlon@quest.com

-John

The issue is definitely tied to versions > 12.10. As I can run all the “Create Scripts”, “Alter Table”, and “Create Like” right click options in 12.10 version. I worked with support installing version s13 back till we hit 12.10. All newer versions greater than 12.10 have the issue- it is bizarre. If I log into Oracle via Toad, go directly to the schema browser, and then right click and try to run one of these pre-canned actions the system presents this error. I can also, run these in cmds manually in the editor with no issue, e.g. alter table add column etc.

Yes, this is bizarre alright.

I know you’ve reinstalled and cleared some things out, but have you tried Main Menu -> Utilities -> Copy User Settings -> Reset to a clean set of user files?

You might want to try that even though you’ve installed from scratch. When you install Toad, it pulls settings from prior versions. Maybe something has become corrupt.

-John