Toad Editor behaviour copy paste ctrl chars

Susan!

Long time no see. How's California? It was on fire when I visited last year.

I might have told you the joke, back in ADC, many years ago - but, you know, recycling!

Take care, stay safe.

Cheers,
Norm.

Hello,

Do you know the location of Toad.ini in windows 10?

Generally, it's under C:\Users\YOUR_WINDOWS_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle\TOAD_VERSION\User Files.

Be sure that Toad is not running when you make edits to Toad.ini or any file in the User Files folder.

You can be sure to find the right one this way:

1. In newer versions of Toad, go to Options -> Files and Folders -> App Folders. If you don't see that section in Options, to Options -> General.
  2. Under “Application data directory” section click on “Open folder”
  3. Keep this folder open in Windows Explorer and close Toad.
  4. In Windows Explorer, go into the User Files folder. Toad.ini is in there.
  5. You can double-click Toad.ini to edit with Notepad. Save it before opening Toad again.

I added that to my TOAD.INI file and it did not work.

My toad for oracle base 64bit version is 13.3.0.181. Should I run a different version?

As I mentioned above, the ini setting works for Toad 14.0 and newer.

To solve the problem for Toad 13.3, you need to either uninstall Citrix Workspace App, or disable their App Protection Option (the only way to do this is to install and reinstall Citrix Workspace App, and not check the option during reinstall).

I have a support case open with Citrix, but I believe that the problem is on their end. What we are doing in Toad 14.0 is just a workaround.

(I edited my post above so that it is more clear)

Toad for Oracle 14 is still in beta right? I cannot find a place to download it

Yes, it is still in beta. You can get it here

1 Like

I will first uninstall citrix workspace app if my IT department lets me :slight_smile:. If they don't I will try the beta version. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi John and Team,

I am using toad 12.9 version. as that is the latest available to use in my company estore.
I have uninstalled Citrix Workspace App. Still I have issue the issue with the toad.
Could you please suggest.

Thanks in advance,
Smitha

Update to latest Citrix workspace app. They fixed it a few weeks ago

Edit: You uninstalled Citrix word space app completely? And restarted after? And verified that is is gone? If so then maybe some other software is interfering? Not sure

Citrix is completely removed but still have the issue. I have raised an ServiceRequest Number:4845639. Could you please connect and help.

Hopefully Quest Support can help you figure out what's going on. If not, they'll contact me.